QA Lead Engineer for Big Data (Hadoop and Hive)
Big Opportunity for Working with Hadoop Big Data Analytics
Karmasphere empowers the New Customer Analytics, providing deep insights on Big Data to optimize every customer touch point. Using personalized workspaces and self-service templates, analytics are rapidly assembled, customized and shared across business teams. With Karmasphere’s full-fidelity support for Hadoop, data is never abstracted or replicated, maintaining the richness, agility and low cost of ownership needed for innovation and competitive advantage in the era of Big Data.
You are a bright, energetic, detail oriented QA Lead Engineer. You focus on the verification and validation of software systems. You have a keen understanding of measuring the inputs, how they travel through the system, and ultimately the quality of the systems outputs. You are interested in measuring systems utilization of resources and want to push engineering to maximize the systems overall efficiency. You are hands-on and someone who enjoys getting their hands dirty with testing, software and data. You enjoy automating at any and every point of the process.
- Lead a world class QA organization leveraging cutting edge technologies
- Certify ongoing releases with increasing quality by creating test plans & executing tests and reporting results.
- Work very closely with product management to understand requirements, product features, and use cases and workflows
- Write QA plans for the new feature sets that can be consumed by the off-shore teams.
- You will be responsible for certifying the release using combination of automation & manual tests.
- BS/MS in Computer Science or related field
- 5+ years of QA experience with 2+ years as QA Lead for web products in production
- Must have experience of working with off-shore teams preferably India.
- MUST HAVE experience of working with Hadoop, HIVE, Linux, Shell Scripting Amazon AWS & EMR
- MUST be familiar with build environments
- Exposed to building automation scripts with Selenium.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Familiarity with Analytics/BI/Data Mining/ETL tools is desirable.
- Knowledge of Agile/Scrum is a plus.