Telecommunications Industry SolutionsTelco companies collect vast amounts of data every day from routers, access points, mobile devices and much more. By using Karmasphere to correlate that data with external data points such as social media, web logs, and census data, you can reduce customer churn, build better products, and enable third-party ecosystems.
- Customer churn rates are high.
- Predicting bandwidth demands and assuring constant supply can be difficult.
- Competitive pressures demand improved product quality and assurance.
- Developer ecosystems and 3rd party data providers need to be supported.
Promise of Big Data for Telecom
Supply what your customers need, when they need it.
- Predict demand by examining past customer behavior, usage, and device logs and correlate it with external data sources such as social events.
- Gather sensor data from access points and routers to stay ahead of bandwidth fluctuations.
- Analyze social media buzz around events and news, and determine its impact on device usage.
Catch problem spots before they affect service.
- Predict which devices will need to be repaired or replaced by analyzing mobile phone and device logs.
- Run analysis on device error logs for issues such as broken calls, and bad quality reception. Increase customer retention and satisfaction.
- Identify churn patterns from support logs, device error logs, and transactional data for proactive customer management.
- Identify and segment customers based on device usage and mobile content logs for better success in promoting new offers, up-selling and cross-selling.
Telecom Data Sources
User preference data
Cell tower geo-location data
Access point data
Big volumes of data from disparate and complex sources
Karmasphere for TelecomKarmasphere provides an analytics workspace that gives analysts and business users the ability analyze multi-structured Big Data from internal and external sources, create visualizations, and extract insights that can be shared with colleagues and business partners.
Put Big Data to use immediately
Analyze structured, semi-structured and unstructured data.
Aggregate large volumes of product and usage logs.
Cross-analyze traditional data sources with new, identified data.
- Explore new, unfamiliar datasets.
Give internal and external teams the tools they need
Provide product managers with a self-service data-analysis workspace.
Enable 3rd party content-providers to understand customer usage.