Karmasphere Makes Big Data Intelligence Software Available For Eclipse
Simplifies Creation of Analytics Applications for Apache Hadoop; Support from IBM, Cloudera
Menlo Park, CA—June 17, 2010 –Karmasphere™, the leader in Big Data Intelligence software, today announced that the free, community edition of Karmasphere Studio now supports the Eclipse open development platform. In addition, Karmasphere said it is working with both IBM and Cloudera to support customers across the broader Hadoop landscape. Karmasphere Studio is a graphical desktop environment that makes it simpler to develop, deploy and debug Apache Hadoop applications from the desktop, maximizing productivity when working with today’s massive data sets.
Karmasphere is for big data professionals, developers, technical and business analysts, working with the rapidly growing class of extremely large data sets. These professionals are looking for easier ways to analyze, slice and dice massive data sets that run in both public and private, on-premise, and cloud-based distributed processing environments. Specific industries include bioinformatics and personalized medicine, social networks, ad networks, ecommerce, financial services, and many more.
“Since its first availability in September 2009, Karmasphere Studio has been downloaded and used successfully by big data professionals around the world. Now, the Eclipse version makes Karmasphere even more attractive to the huge base of Eclipse programmers looking to begin work with Hadoop infrastructure from a familiar developer environment,” said Martin Hall, co-founder and CEO of Karmasphere.
“At Cloudera we continue to see customers turning to Hadoop as a way to more easily deal with massive amounts of unstructured data.” said Dr. Amr Awadallah, co-founder and chief technology officer of Cloudera. “Joining Karmasphere Studio with Cloudera’s Distribution for Hadoop enables customers to quickly and easily build and deploy applications designed to get the most out of their big data.”
More About Karmasphere Studio: Community Edition
Karmasphere Studio features the Karmasphere Application Framework™, an open platform that provides independence across Hadoop environments, easy one-click deployment across any cloud/cluster, and a rich and friendly user-interface to maximize productivity, discovery and insight. In addition, Karmasphere Studio features the following:
- Runs on Linux, Apple Mac OS and Windows.
- Works with all major distributions and versions of Hadoop including Apache, Yahoo! and Cloudera.
- Works with Amazon Elastic MapReduce.
- Enables job submission from all major platforms including Windows.
- Operates with clusters and file systems behind firewalls.
- Supports local, networked, HDFS and Amazon S3 file systems.
- Support for Cascading.
And can be used to:
- Prototype on the desktop in an easy-start MapReduce job development framework without the need for a cluster since Hadoop emulation is included.
- Deploy to a private or cloud-based cluster.
- Debug on the cluster: One of the most challenging areas in MapReduce programming is debugging on the cluster. Karmasphere visual views deliver real-time insight, including support for viewing and charting Hadoop jobs and file systems.
- Graphically visualize and manipulate MapReduce jobs, clusters and file systems.
- Monitor and analyze jobs in real-time: real-time, workflow view of inputs, outputs and intermediate results including map, partition, sort and reduce phases.
Karmasphere is a Big Data Intelligence software company bringing Apache Hadoop power to developers and analysts. Karmasphere enables companies to unlock the competitive advantages within their large datasets by providing an easy-to-use class of client-side software. Karmasphere Studio: Community Edition is currently available for download atwww.karmasphere.com.